An Invitation to Participate!
Temple Sinai is a vibrant community with many exciting opportunities to find meaningful connections. The variety of committees, programs, classes and leadership opportunities available at our congregation, below are just a few of the many possibilities…
Ways to Participate – Programs & Activities
- Adult Education – Jewish education is a life-long endeavor. We offer a variety of classes covering everything from basic Judaism, to Hebrew, to Jewish history and philosophy.
- Adult Choir – Joining the choir is a great way to get involved in Temple life. You do not need to be a “professional singer” & there are no auditions. The ability to read music is helpful but not required.
- Junior Choir – The choir is made up of children in the 3rd – 7th grade who love to sing and meet new friends. There are no auditions, and a firm commitment to the choir is encouraged.
- Sisterhood Circle of Temple Sinai – Temple Sinai women of all ages and backgrounds serving the needs of the Temple and community while building bonds of friendship. Sisterhood sponsors luncheons, special speakers, the Sisterhood Shabbat, and more.
- Youth Programs (SNFTY) – exciting opportunities for youth in grades 4th – 12th to become directly involved in their Jewish community. These programs seek to combine an interactive mix of fun, social action, religious oriented programming and leadership training.
- Camp Sinai – We provide children with a rich and wholesome summer vacation of fun and excitement along with friendship and meaningful Judaic experiences
- Caring Community– coordinate a variety of activities to provide support, celebrate simchas, and reach out to each other in times of crisis and need.
- Budget/Finance Committee– monitors the Temple’s financial status, helps to develop the Temple’s annual budget, and sets financial policies.
- Jewish Living Committee– works with the Rabbi and Cantor to discuss and develop religious services & holiday celebrations.
- Latin Committee – seeks to create meaningful activities and events for our Latin partners in order to cater the interests of this important group within Temple Sinai’s community.
- Social Action Committee – initiates and supports local community projects, provide informative programs to the Temple community meant to inspire tikkun olam, and conducts advocacy around social justice issues
If you have any questions, desire to get connected, please call Susan Warech, our Director of Administration at 305.932.9010. We very much look forward to speaking with and getting to know you.